NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
COUNTY OF WASHINGTON
SUBSTANTIAL AMENDMENT TO THE 2020 ANNUAL ACTION PLAN FOR
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT-CORONAVIRUS PROGRAM
Notice is hereby given that the County of Washington (County) will be applying for approximately $3,690,525 Community Development Block Grant-Coronavirus (CDBG-CV) from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. This funding is authorized by the “Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act,” (CARES Act) which was signed into law on March 27, 2020. The County proposes a Substantial Amendment to its FY2020 Action Plan to allocate these dollars.
In order to obtain the views of citizens, public agencies, and other interested parties, the County has placed its proposed amendment on public display online at www.racw.net January 1, 2021 through January 5, 2021. Copies of the document will also be e-mailed or mailed upon request.
The County expects to allocate the CDBG-CV dollars as follows:
- $750,000 for public services to include meal delivery, health services, and laundry services targeted to LMI households, persons with disabilities, and senior citizens
- $500,000 for emergency rent, mortgage and utility assistance for LMI households
- $250,000 for grant administration costs, including staff time to administer and implement the CDBG-CV program in accordance with federal regulations.
In addition, the County proposes the addition of a new goal to its Strategic Plan: Provide Public Services, in order to better respond to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic in the County.
Comments on the proposed use of CDBG-CV funds can be submitted the following ways:
- Written comments can be mailed to the Redevelopment Authority of the County of Washington, 100 West Beau Street, Suite 603, Washington, PA 15301 by January 5, 2021.
- Written comments can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 5, 2021.
- Verbal comments can be submitted to Brenda Williamson by calling 724-28-6875 Ext. 219 or (724) 228-6875. TTY 7-1-1 (Pennsylvania Relay Center) by January 5, 2021.
- Virtual public hearing will be held on January 5, 2021 at 2:00 PM.
Join from computer, tablet or smartphone:
Dial in using phone: 646-749-3122
Access Code: 607-800-765
Washington County will make reasonable accommodations and services necessary for sensory-impaired and disabled citizens. Additionally, translation services may be offered upon request and availability. Persons requiring such accommodations/services should contact the Redevelopment Authority of the County of Washington at least five working days in advance of the meeting at email@example.com or (724) 228-6875. TTY 7-1-1 (Pennsylvania Relay Center).
The County Commissioners are expected to act on the proposed amendment to the FY 2020 Plan on January 7, 2021 at the regularly scheduled Commissioners meeting at 10:00 A.M.
COUNTY OF WASHINGTON
SUBSTANTIAL AMENDMENT TO THE 2020 ANNUAL ACTION PLAN FOR ESG-CV FUNDS
Notice is hereby given that Washington County will be applying for approximately $1,752,365 Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG-CV) from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. This funding is authorized by the FY2020 CARES Act supplemental funding legislation. The County proposes a Substantial Amendment to its FY2020 Action Plan to allocate these dollars.
The County expects to spend the second tranche of ESG-CV as follows:
Emergency Shelter Operations $184,000
Homeless Prevention/Rapid Rehousing $1,200,000
Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing expenses include rental assistance, rental arrears, utility assistance and utility arrears for homeless individuals and families or households at-risk of experiencing homelessness. Emergency Shelter operations expenses include expenses related to ensuring proper social distancing measures in the shelter and the use of hotel/motel services when no appropriate shelter is available. Administration expenses include staff time to administer and implement the program in accordance with federal regulations.
The County will provide further notice when unallocated funds have been allocated to specific activities via posting on the Redevelopment Authority of the County of Washington website.