Homebuyer Assistance Program
The Redevelopment Authority of the County of Washington has established the Homebuyer Assistance Program to assist first-time homebuyers in attaining their goal of home ownership by providing financial assistance for the purchase and rehabilitation of eligible housing units.
Contact RACW’s Home Improvement Department at 724-228-6875.
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- Annual household income must not exceed 80% of the Median Family income for the Pittsburgh MSA as determined by HUD and adjusted based on family size. Note: Income limits are subject to change.
Family of 1 – $46,500
Family of 2 – $53,150
Family of 3 – $59,800
Family of 4 – $66,400
Family of 5 – $71,750
Family of 6 – $77,050
- The first-time homebuyer must not have owned a housing unit within the past 3 years unless she/he is a displaced homemaker.
- Homebuyers must have the financial capability to provide cash payment of 3% of the purchase price of the housing unit for the purchase.
- Moderate income homebuyers must have the financial capability to obtain an 80% mortgage from a participating lending institution.
- Low income homebuyers must have the financial capability to obtain a 71% loan from a participating lending institution.
- Homebuyers must successfully complete the pre-purchase counseling class.
- House purchased must be occupied as the primary residence and the value after rehabilitation must not exceed $164,000.
All eligibility requirements must be met for participation. This includes requirements not listed above but included in the H.A.P. guidelines.
What to expect:
Once we receive your pre-application, we will send you a letter stating that we have received your pre-application and that you have been placed on our waiting list.
When funding becomes available, a Rehabilitation Specialist will contact you to start processing your application.